Summer Creatures - Shut Up and Paint Gallery - Summer 2026
Paul Fox, Twinkle, 2026, acrylic on canvas, approx. 14x14”
Paul Fox, Ollie Cup-o-Joe, 2026, acrylic on canvas, approx. 14x16”
Paul Fox, Fun under the Sheets, 2026, acrylic on canvas, approx. 16x14”
Paul Fox, Day Four, 2026, acrylic on canvas, approx. 14x14”
Michele Gentile, Grace Arriving, 2026, acrylic on canvas panel, 10x8”
Michele Gentile, Ollie, oil on canvas panel, 11 x14”
Personal note: This and the next one were done for James Swanson’s “Dog Days of Summer” class.
Michele Gentile, Wet Red Ball, 2026, oil on stretched canvas, 14x11”
Linda/Yong-ja, Selected Work from Learning Watercolor Painting, July 2026, watercolor, 8x10”
Personal note: I spend a month of July in Vermont, and I dedicated the month to watercolor. These are my favorites after following tutorial books by Terry Runyan, Matthew Palmer, Emma Block, and Sarah Cray.
Identification: Instagram @KoreanLinda
Charlotte Smith, Juniper’s First Sunlight, 2026, watercolor and ink, 4x6”
Personal note: One of my sisters lives on a farm with many feral cats. We found this kitten one Thanksgiving hiding in a box inside a barn. He had probably never seen daylight. I took a photo of him sitting amongst some cast iron animal toys, soaking up the sun. My niece's boyfriend adopted him, and Juniper now lives a life filled with light.
Charlotte Smith, Pisa, 2026, watercolor and ink, 9x6”
Personal note: Pisa is my sister-in-law’s cat, so named because he has a balance issue that causes him to lean. The cross is part of the city of Pisa’s coat of arms.
Audrey Colmart, Ride the Storm…, 19 July 2026, digital creation photo manipulation using the internet—I do not own the work or PNG I used. Mainly used Jesse Gardner, Matthew Schwart & Mike Lewinski Unsplash photographs, 2048 x 1387 px
Personal note: Hope is a big word, but through the storm, there is transformation.
Comments
Post a Comment